Saturday, May 22, 2010

2 Cor. 12:7-10 God's Will is Suffering


Today if you don't mind I would like to point something out 2 Corinthians 12:7-10

Here is what those verses say...



2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (New International Version)
7To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


So what does this say to us.


A. At times suffering can be the will of God. I don't understand that but here Paul who was in the will of God was suffering. There are some who teach you lack faith or are in sin if you are suffering. If those folks asked me what I thought of their doctrine I would tell them they better read their Bibles again. I would also ask them was Paul or Jesus in sin? They both went through hard times.


B. God always answers our prayers but he doesn't always do what we want and take away our pain. God like a good daddy knows what is best for us. He will give us what we need which is not always the same as what we want.


C. Vs. 9 At times God says he will heal us through a problem not from a problem.


D. When we are weak we find out who Jesus is. There is a saying you find out about Jesus when Jesus is all you have.


Well those are some of my thoughts based on what the word says in the above verses.

No comments:

Post a Comment